7 Warning Signs of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Signs that you may be B12 deficient:
– Memory loss, impaired thinking and general cognitive difficulties.
– If you have difficulty walking, tend to stagger, or have balance problems.
– Various and “odd” sensations throughout your body, numbness, or tingling that occurs in your hands, legs or feet.
– Yellowish or jaundiced skin.
– A swollen tongue or if it’s inflamed.
– General weakness and fatigue.
If B12 levels drop to into the severely deficient range, it can lead to much worse conditions.
Deep states of depression, hallucinations and paranoia are all associated with extremely low levels. Losing the ability to taste and smell has even been linked to low B12.
And since it’s such an important part of brain health, it can lead to greatly diminished brain functioning, beyond what is mentioned above.