1. There are still too many poor children in the United States
2. Too many children in America are not getting enough to eat
3. Despite America’s wealth, we’re not providing sufficient educational resources in poor communities
4. America lacks the “political will” to help poor inner cities that have suffered discrimination.
5. Americans are “lazy” in thinking we don’t need to learn about foreign nations.
6. Colin Kapernack is justified protesting the National Anthem, as the NFL star is raising “real, legitimate issues” about things America needs to be talked about.
7. America suffers from racism, conflicts between ethnic groups, and discrimination against immigrants.
8. Criticisms of America being imperfect and having problems with racism discrimination are accurate.
9. America still has “situations where women are not treated equally.”
10. America “didn’t think through” our policy in Vietnam War, as dropping cluster bombs proved counterproductive to “winning hearts and minds.”
11. America’s treatment of Native Americans was “tragic.”
12. America “struggled to stay true” to our founding ideal that all men are created equal.
13. When the environment is destroyed in America, it’s because the private sector is being “lazy.”
14. The United States is still to this day learning how to develop industry without destroying the environment.
15. Due to industrialization, America “used to have terrible pollution … everywhere.”
16. America’s role in the Vietnam war led to mass displacement of people from their homes.
17. America dropped more bombs on Laos than on Germany and Japan during World War II … more than 2 million bombs … “the bombs fell like rain.” More bombs, he said on several occasions, were dropped on Laos per capita than anywhere else in the world.
18. We bombed the “simple homes” of civilians in Laos. “Villages and entire allies were obliterated.” The ancient Plain of Jars “was devastated.” Countless civilians were killed.